date POSTED: 08/01/2019 | job classification: PART-TIME / INTERNSHIP / COLLEGE CREDIT
The Property Management Intern performs specialized and administrative duties of considerable complexity involving oversight of depository accounts, reconciliations, pending loan renewals, accounts payable, monthly and annual financial reporting, and facilitating and expanding current organizational record keeping. The Property Management Intern’s key responsibility is assisting the Director of Property with managing various key aspects of the property portfolios along with other assigned duties.
• Assist the Director of Property with maintaining the renovation and construction operating budgets and financial reports
• Assist the Director of Property with maintaining various financial schedules including cash flow statements, debt schedules, financial statements, property insurance tracking, and property taxes
• Assist the Property Manager with monitoring residential and small commercial leases, and assist with corporate triple net lease oversight
• Maintain all property related files, including insurance and tax records to ensure accuracy and make updates as needed
• Assist with lease, deed, and other legal document preparation
• Assist the Property Manager with answering phone calls and assisting customers
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is located at our Corporate Office in Leoma, TN. Normal business hours are M- F 8am to 4pm
• Must be enrolled in college, working towards a degree in business administration, accounting, finance, real estate or other related field
• Must be available to work at least 2 to 3 days a week for 4 months during normal business hours
• Must consistently maintain a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
• Demonstrate and maintain a strong work ethic, excellent time management, and the ability to pay attention to detail
• Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Promote positive customer service with vendors, lenders, and tenants
This is an unpaid internship for college credit only. We are actively searching for an organized and creative Property Management Intern to join our property team. As we pursue towards our goals, we strive to educate and groom a current student that is aspiring to work in a fast-paced and growing property company. In this position, you will be working alongside our Director of Property, Property Manager, Corporate Secretary, and Company Owner assisting them with their daily tasks and routines. Upon successful completion of this internship there could be an opportunity to stay with the company if we see fit.